Sorry for posting so late today, I've had an interesting morning.
Lots to report about in NFL free agency. Listed below you will find all free agency pickups and new deals that are of any interest to me.
- Reggie Bush- The Saints traded Bush to the Dolphins for safety Jonathon Amaya. It is a two year deal worth $10 million. Bush has never lived up to the hype, but the Dolphins were so bad on offense last year that he may get his chance to shine.
- Stephen Bowen- The former Cowboy signed with rival Washington Redskins for a 5-year, $27.5 million contract including $12.5 million in guarantees. That is a large amount for money for a guy who is not a guaranteed starter. The Cowboys are now left with a need for defensive ends.
- Daryn Colledge- Super Bowl Champion guard Colledge signed with the Cardinals for a 5-year, $27.5 million contract. The Cards gain a much needed lineman in Colledge and his experience should bring some strength to the line.
- Vince Young- Seems that Young will be released soon. This is not unexpected. The Titans drafted Jake Locker and will nurture him instead of Young's fragile ego.
- Albert Haynesworth- The Redskins traded Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 2013 draft pick. My first thought on this is good luck to the scout team center for the Patriots. Wilfork and Haynesworth will be putting a beating on that poor guy.
- Stephen Nicholas- He may not be a household name, but Nicholas is a former teammate of mine and a very reliable linebacker for the Falcons. Nicholas signed a 5-year, $17.5 million contract.