Follow ItsClassicPhil on Twitter

Friday, August 12, 2011

Now Playing- August 12


Sorry about the lack of a "Now Playing" post last week. I had a busy Friday. This week will be a catch-up week for me. I will watch a movie that has already been released, since nothing grabs me this weekend.

  • 30 Minutes or Less- I can't believe someone made this into a movie. The filmmakers swear they had no previous idea about this actually happening in 2003. Go ahead and Google it. His name was Brian Douglas Wells. It is way too similar to not have a connection. I wouldn't be able to watch this movie without thinking about the video of Wells with a bomb collar strapped to his neck.
  • Final Destination 5- I thought the last 'Final Destination' was going to be the end of the franchise. This group of youths will try to escape death again, but (spoiler alert) they probably will die. 
  • Glee: The 3D Concert Movie- Why would you pay to see this? Glee airs for free on FOX and with a much more polished soundtrack. Also, they charge you extra for 3D. Why would you pay extra for a 3D movie of people on a stage? This movie blows my mind, but it will probably make plenty of money.
  • The Help- The previews of this movie make it seem like a feel-good, light-hearted romp. (Another spoiler alert) It isn't. This is a very serious story about racism and segregation, or so I am told by someone who has read the book. 
Those are the big releases of this weekend. Let me know what you see in the comments!

(via Rotten Tomatoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment