Follow ItsClassicPhil on Twitter

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another Surgery for Peyton Manning


And my fantasy team just got worse. According to my sources' sources, Peyton Manning has had more neck surgery today. Peyton, you are ruining my team! The reality is Manning needed this surgery. The surgery performed was a one-level cervical neck fusion. I am not going to pretend to know what that means, but I do know that Peyton will not be playing any time soon, if at all. His brother has first hand experience with the situation.
"Everyone is different, but I've had a fusion and I've known players who have had fusions and went on to play football. ... You can get a pretty good range of motion back and much more stability once it heals," said Cooper, the oldest of three brothers that include quarterbacks Peyton and Eli.
I wish Peyton the best of luck as he recovers. I know how tough it must be to have a franchise depending on you, but this is bigger than football. Get well, Peyton.

(via ESPN)

No comments:

Post a Comment